We are currently accepting creative writing and visual art submissions for the upcoming issue themed water / biyo. The deadline to submit for is 25 December 2018.
We’re looking for the best submissions from talented and creative Somali voices worldwide.
Creative writing and visual art are accepted via email, and submission is free of charge. Please send us your best, polished work, as we will not be able to work through extensive edits with authors. Below are guidelines that you’ll need to comply with to be considered for publication:
- Submissions are accepted in Somali, English, or Arabic languages, including a mix of languages within a single piece, as suits your creative expression.
- The Magazine accepts the following, up to a maximum of 1,500 words per submission:
- Creative non-fiction
- Clear scans of visual art, including photography
- The Magazine acknowledges the political, religious, and historical influences that inform creative expression, and we welcome holistic expressions of truths. However, we will not publish opinion editorials, dogma, or hate speech of any kind.
- For written submissions, please paste your submission in the body of the email, and include:
- Your name, your name as you would like it published (Hargeisa Magazine will publish your work anonymously if preferred), your location, and a brief bio
- For visual art submissions, please attach all files or share links to high-resolution scans suitable for digital and print publication. Include in the body of the email:
- Your name, location, and a brief bio.
- Extraordinary submissions from non-Somali voices may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
Please send your work to email@example.com for consideration, with “Submission: YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Thank you for sharing your work!
- Soo gudbintu waxaa lagu aqbalaya luqadaha Soomaaliga, Ingiriiska, ama Carabiga, sido kale luuqado kala duwan oo ku dhex jira hal so gudbin (one single piece).
- Wargeysku/Magazine wuxuu aqbalaya waxyaabaha soo socda, ilaa ugu badnaan 1,500 oo eray so jeedin kasta (for each submission):
- Sheekooyinka khayaaliga ah
- Waxyaabaha aan abuurka ahayn
- Scan muuqda oo farshaxan ka muuqaal ka ah, oo ay ku jiraan sawir qaadidda
- Wargeysigu/Magazine ku wuxuu aqoonsanyahay saamaynta siyaasadda, diinta iyo taariikhda, taas oo ku soo ururaysa muqaal ka hal-abuurka (creative expression), waxaanan soo dhaweynaynaa qaabka muujinta dhabta ah oo dhan. Si kastaba ha ahaatee, ma daabici doonno fikirka/ra’yiga aan haboonayn ee ku saabsan, diinta ama hadal nacayb kasta.
- Wixii soo gudbin oo qoraal ah, fadlan ku daabac soo gudbintaada emailka gudihiisa, kuna dar:
- Magacaaga, Magacaaga sida aad jeclaan lahayd in luguu gu daabaco (Hargeisa Magazine waxay daabici doonta shaqadaada si qarsoodi ah haddii la door bidayo), goobtaada, iyo warbixin kooban oo kugu saabsan.
- Soo gudbinta farshaxanka muuqaalka ah, fadlan ku soo lifaaq dhammaan faylasha ama na la wadaag link oo leh scan muqaal heer sare ah oo ku habboon daabacaadda dijital ka ah iyo daabada guud. Ku dar qeybta emailka:
- Magacaaga, goobtada, iyo warbixin kooban oo kugu saabsan.
Fadlan u soo dir shaqadaada firstname.lastname@example.org adiga oo tixgalinaya, “Soo gudbinta: MAGACAAGA” xaga qaybta mawduuca emailka (in the subject line).